Your Body Won’t Go Where Your Mind Doesn’t Push It!
on Nov 15, 2015 in Fitness, Inspiration, Weight Loss
Now is the time to start improving your exercise routine.
- Start out slowly with 5-10 minutes of activity at a time and build up to at least 30 minutes of moderately intense activity to get the most benefit. Try to build up to at least 2 1/2 hours of moderate activity a week.
- Being active at least three days a week is best. When you’re ready to go further, first build up the length of activity, and then the intensity.
- Avoid injury, wear proper shoes, dress appropriately for the weather and drink plenty of water when doing activity that makes you sweat.
- Make exercise and movement a regular part of your day by making it a priority. Enlist a friend to keep you going, make it fun.
- Join a walking/jogging training group or exercise class at your local community center or park.
- Vary your activities to keep it interesting and reduce risk of injury.
- Plan on activities you can do in different weather conditions or during the dark winter months.