Coping with a Loved One’s Dementia
Caring for someone with dementia can be overwhelming and challenging. This virtual workshop is designed to help family members and caregivers better care for someone experiencing dementia and to understand the diagnosis and progression of the disease. You’ll learn behavior and communication skills that will help you interact with your loved one. You will leave knowing available support from health care providers and community resources.
This workshop is available online and intended for family and caregivers of someone diagnosed with dementia. Either the caregiver or person with dementia needs to be a KP member for enrollment. We discourage those diagnosed with dementia from attending this workshop as it can be overwhelming for them. There is no fee to attend. Simply click-in on the image below on the first or third Tuesday of the month at 10:00am.
- Alzheimer’s San Diego Website
- Kaiser Permanente Continuing Care Website
- Kaiser Permanente Dementia Handout
- Communication Strategy List
- Kaiser Permanente Home Services
- Adult Day Care Centers
- Take Me Home Program
Caregiver Support Groups
- Alzheimer’s San Diego Support Group
- Southern Caregiver Resource Center
- Glenner Alzheimer’s Family Center
- UC San Diego School of Medicine