Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR)
Mindfulness is a way to use your mind and body to do what no one else can do for you: take charge of your health and feel more in control of your life. For over 25 years this researched based program (MBSR) has offered people from all walks of life a way to do just that.
Through instruction and practice you will systematically learn skills that can increase your ability to be less reactive, to focus and concentrate with greater ease, to improve your ability to cope more effectively with stressful situations and pain, and to enhance your ability to feel more connected to life and those you care about. Other benefits reported have included greater energy, improved self-esteem and a sense of well-being.
Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction can help if you suffer from:
- job, family, or personal stress
- excessive worry, anxiety, or panic
- addiction issues
- disordered eating
- chronic pain or fatigue
- irritable bowel syndrome
- heart disease, high blood pressure
- sleep disturbances
- grief and loss
- or if you simply feel your life is “out of control” or “not in balance”
You will learn to:
- recognize your signs of stress
- communicate more effectively
- understand how thoughts can increase or decrease stress
- manage your stress in the moment
- build self-confidence
- Next Session: October 6, 2016-December 8, 2016 (no class on November 24th– Thanksgiving)
Thursday evenings, 6 to 8:30 p.m.
- Eight weekly 2 1/2-hour group sessions, plus an all-day session on Saturday,
November 5th from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
- Offered at the Positive Choice Integrative Wellness Center, 7035 Convoy Court, San Diego 92111
- Set in a supportive environment in which you learn and practice simple mindfulness meditations, gentle stretching, and mindful movement.
- Sessions include group discussion and guided inquiry to enhance awareness.
- Cost: $480