If your compassion does not include yourself, it is not Complete.
For some, the basic aspects of self-care seem to be an elusive luxury. If the idea of taking time out to take care of yourself seems indulgent or out of reach for you, consider that if you do not take the time to nourish and restore your own basic capacities, you will have far less to offer to others.
Effective Self-Care Strategies
- Eat healthy foods
- Get between 6 – 8 hours of sleep per night
- Engage in regular physical activity
- Maintain social support
- Cultivate hobbies
- Keep your mind active
- Reframe life circumstances in more positive, yet realistic, ways
- Experience your emotions and but learn to not be controlled by them
- Practice regular moments of mindful awareness
- Take time out to reflect on how you are living your values