One of the best things you can do for your health is to quit using tobacco!
When you quit tobacco you…
- Decrease your risk of heart attack, stroke, lung/throat cancer, diabetes, emphysema, and many other diseases.
- Live longer, have stronger bones, sleep better, breathe more easily, and have more energy.
- Have fewer wrinkles, better skin, stronger hair, brighter eyes, whiter teeth, and less dental problems.
- Save yourself some money or spend it on something fun.
- Create a clean environment at your home and work place and protect the health of your family, friends, and pets.
If you are lucky enough to be a Kaiser Permanente member you have the advantage of support options to help you overcome an addiction to nicotine.
This program begins with a single session seminar that goes over medications and resources to help you quit. Then, when you’re ready, you can participate in the six-session program. The program will help you set a quit date, support you through the process, and give you strategies and techniques to help stay tobacco free. You will have access to medications that reduce cravings, like nicotine gum, lozenges, and patches. You will also be supported in changing your lifestyle habits for long-term success. Programs are offered at the San Marcos, La Mesa, San Diego Mission Road, and Otay Mesa medical offices. Kaiser Permanente members who want to quit tobacco are encouraged to call Kaiser Permanente Health Education at (619) 641-4194
Don’t have time to travel for a program? Consider Wellness Coaching by phone or an on-line program.
Call today and ask to be matched with a coach who will work with you over the phone; supporting you through the process of quitting tobacco and staying nicotine free. Kaiser Permanente Members only: Call 866-862-4295
Quit Tobacco On-line Program
If you are a Kaiser Permanente member and you haven’t registered on kp.org, go right now and sign-up! Kaiser Permanente’s member website gives you many added privileges: e-mail your doctor, set appointments, order prescriptions, receive lab and test results, and you have access to a multitude of on-line health podcasts, programs, and information.
Once you are registered on kp.org, click on the Health and Wellness tab and choose online programs. Then look for the option Quit Tobacco.