Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR)
This is an eight-week program designed to guide program participants in the “how” of learning to practice, integrate, and apply mindfulness in their everyday lives. The curriculum intention is to create a structured pathway to relieve suffering and increasing wellbeing for individuals facing many challenges that arise from medical and psychological conditions, as well as overall demands and stressors we have in our everyday life. It is an effective clinical approach that can be utilized by participants far beyond completion of the program.
To ensure you receive the full experience this program has to offer, your commitment is important. Please read the program information below to make sure this program fits your needs.
- What: Focus on the experiential cultivation of both “formal” and “informal” mindfulness practice as a means of familiarizing oneself with awareness itself (mindfulness)
- Duration: 2.5-hour workshop/class, meeting online once per week, 8 weeks, with a 1-day silent retreat
- Program Fee: No fee for Kaiser Permanente Members
- Requirements for participation — You must be:
- 18 years or older
- a Kaiser Permanente Member
- active on KP.ORG,
- someone who has completed the application prior to deadline
- able to attend all workshops and silent retreat day
- Cohort #1: July 5 – August 23, 5:00 pm-7:30 pm (online) | Silent Retreat Day: August 13, 2022 (Application Deadline: JUNE 23, 2022)
- Cohort #2: September 12 – October 31, 5:00 pm-7:30 pm (online) | Silent Retreat Day: October 22, 2022 (Application Deadline: September 1, 2022)
Interested in participating in this program?
Please complete the steps below. You will receive a confirmation email to your KP.ORG account. If you need support with your KP.ORG account please call member services – (800) 464-4000.
Please Note: Program Participants will be selected on a first come, first serve basis.
- Please DOWNLOAD and COMPLETE the application.
- Return your application to the Center for Healthy Living:
- SCAN your document and EMAIL to [email protected]
- MAIL your document to the following (please keep in mind of the application deadline, applications received after deadline will not be accepted):