Bariatric Required Weight and Blood Pressure Checks
In order to provide you with the best medical advice, your bariatric physician and surgeon need accurate, up to date weights and blood pressure in your medical record. You must either attend a Nurse Clinic, Doctor’s Visit, or Target Clinic to have these entered into your medical record.
You will need a documented weight and blood pressure check at the following times:
- Within 4 weeks prior to your initial telephone appointment with the bariatrician (this is required or your appointment will be rescheduled)
- Within 1 week of completing Workshop 10 (required)
- Optional: We recommend you do a check at Workshop #5 to be sure you are on track with your goals
Delays in getting your weight/blood pressure checks will delay your surgery scheduling process.
Three options to complete your weight and blood pressure check:
Check Your Recent Visit Records
If you recently had a visit where your weight and blood pressure were documented in your medical record, you are all set.
Visit a drop-in Nurse Visit Clinic
- Visit your nearby KP clinic and request a nurse clinic visit
- You may experience a wait as these are walk-in visits
- Let the staff know you need a documented weight and blood pressure check
Schedule A Target Clinic Visit
- Schedule a visit at www.kptargetclinic.org
- Select the “blood pressure check with LVN” option– tell them it’s a weight check when you arrive for your appointment
- Fill out name (as stated on medical card), birthdate, legal sex, phone, email when prompted
- In “help us prepare for your arrival” box, add “weight and blood pressure check for bariatric surgery” with your workshop number (pre-class, 5, or 10)