Medical Weight Loss Programs
Whether you have five pounds or over 500 pounds to lose, we have something for you. We offer several different weight management programs: Full Fasting, Partial Fasting, Full Food, a Teen Program, and programs in Spanish, as well.
No matter which weight management program you participate in at the Positive Choice Integrative Wellness Center, you can expect to achieve positive health outcomes in any of them. In particular, here are some of the benefits typically experienced by those in the fasting program:
- Blood Pressure: 40% of participants with high blood pressure are able to discontinue medications and an additional 30% greatly reduce the amount of their needed blood pressure medication.
- Type 2 Diabetes: 74% of people diagnosed with type 2 diabetes are able to completely discontinue medications within the first few weeks on a full fast, recover normal blood sugar levels by the end of the program, and no longer need medication.
- Blood cholesterol: Levels drop an average of 81 points, allowing most patients to discontinue or greatly reduce blood cholesterol medications.
- Joint pain, migraines, asthma, and allergies. Many people experience relief from these conditions.
Full Fasting Meal Replacement Program
In the Full Fasting Meal Replacement Program, you lose weight consuming five liquid meal replacements daily (NutriMed® or OPTIFAST® 800). The meal replacements provide complete nutrition and allow for safe, rapid weight loss without fatigue or hunger. The average weekly weight loss is three to five pounds. In the weight loss phase you attend weekly group sessions for as long as you need to achieve your desired weight goal. The weekly meetings include mild exercise and help you explore the emotional, psychological, and behavioral reasons that trigger overeating.
After achieving your weight loss goal, you then participate in a 13-month maintenance program that focuses on nutrition/fitness/behavior strategies helping you to develop a healthy lifestyle. The program is medically supervised and requires a medical assessment to begin the program. This program is available in Spanish and is offered at the following Kaiser Permanente medical office buildings: San Marcos, Convoy Court, Otay Mesa, Bostonia. Fees vary depending on how much weight someone has to lose.
- Download Adult Program details and fees here: 2017 Weight Program Information Booklet
- Download Teen Program (14-19 year-old’s) details and fees here:Teen Weight Program
- Download Spanish Program details and fees here: Spanish Weight Program
Partial Fasting Meal Replacement Program
In the Partial Fast Program you lose weight using four, liquid meal replacements (OPTIFAST 800) a day combined with recommended foods to be consumed at regular intervals throughout the day. Men typically lose three to four pounds a week on this plan and women one to two pounds. in the 18-session program you attend weekly (1½ hr.) group meetings that include light exercise, and nutrition, fitness, behavior modification, and stress management education. The focus is on helping you develop a lifestyle that will enable you to maintain your weight loss. The program is medically supervised and requires a medical assessment. The Partial Fast Program is available at only the Positive Choice Integrative Wellness Center in Clairemont Mesa. Fees vary depending on how much weight someone has to lose.
Full Food Healthy Balance Program
In this program you lose weight on a high fiber, nutrient dense food plan designed to curb hunger and cravings. Typical weight loss is one to two pounds a week. You have the option of using one to two OPTIFAST 800 supplements per day to facilitate weight loss. The Full Food Healthy Balance Program is a 14-session program. The weekly (1½ hr.) group meetings include mindful eating exercises, stress management, behavior modification, and strength/flexibility training. Programs are available at the following Kaiser Permanente medical office buildings: San Marcos, Oceanside, Clairemont Mesa, Otay Mesa and La Mesa medical office buildings.
- 14-session program: $140 plus one-time $50 program material fee.
See our calendar section for new group start dates. calendar