Mindfulness for Everyday Living
MINDFULNESS for Everyday Living
Mindfulness is a way to use your mind and body to do what no one else can do for you ─ take charge of your health and feel more in control of your life. Through instruction and practice you will learn skills that can increase your ability to be less reactive, to focus and concentrate with greater ease, to improve your ability to cope more effectively with stressful situations and pain, and to enhance your ability to feel more connected to life and those you care about. Other benefits reported have included greater energy, improved self-esteem, and feelings of well-being.
Mindfulness practice can help if you suffer from:
- job, family, or personal stress
- excessive worry, anxiety, or panic
- addiction issues
- disordered eating
- chronic pain or fatigue
- irritable bowel syndrome
- heart disease, high blood pressure
- sleep disturbances
- grief and loss
- lood pressure
You will learn to:
- recognize your signs of stress
- communicate more effectively
- understand how thoughts can increase or decrease stress
- manage your stress in the moment
- build self-confidence
- New Programs start every other month on Thursdays, at 6 to 8:00 PM
- Eight weekly 2 hour group sessions, at the Positive Choice Integrative Wellness Center, 7035 Convoy Court, San Diego 92111
- Set in a supportive environment in which you learn and practice simple mindfulness meditations, and gentle mindful movement.
- Sessions include group discussion and guided inquiry to enhance awareness.
$280 for 8 session program.